College Planning and Guidance
Developing a clear strategy helps parents and students make the college planning process less daunting. Our services are highly individualized. To accomplish this level of service, we make sure we understand our students’ unique qualities, past academic performance and potential, and their interests and motivations. We guide our students towards colleges that will further develop their passions and aspirations. No matter where a student is in the process, we can ensure they are headed in the right direction.
Our services include the following:
College List and College Admissions Test Schedule
- Review and interpret student performance, which includes grades, standardized test results, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Identify student’s strengths, weaknesses, and learning style.
- Goals, values and career interests are explored.
- Opportunities and resources are suggested to enrich a student’s profile for admissions.
- Create a preliminary college list.
- Develop a college admission test schedule.
- Timeline of High School course selections.
- Ongoing consulting with college list, application strategies, and admissions decisions.
- Recommendations for summer enrichment and job opportunities provided.
College Visit, Interview Coaching and High School Course selection
- Organization of campus visits with detailed agenda planned.
- Suggestions on connecting with different resources at each college (coaches, faculty).
- Guidance with setting up interviews on campus and with alumni.
- Mock interviews conducted targeting specific questions asked during the process.
College Application – Essay, Supplemental Essays, and Common Application
- Develop model application forms and drafts of potential essays to use with the formal applications.
- Guidance generating essay topics, reflecting the student’s unique qualities.
- Advice and management with supplemental essays from each institution.
- Guidance with forming the outline for the essay and supplements.
- Suggestions for revisions until essay and supplements are complete.
- Final applications and essays will be reviewed and deadlines for submission will be communicated.
- Reminders on follow through for written recommendations from teachers and others.
Let's begin the conversation!Contact us by sending an email
Browns Educational Consultants
19 East Elm Street
Greenwich, Connecticut 06830
- Private School Talk (April 22, 2019)
- Flexible Options for Summer Work (April 13, 2019)
- 2019 College Acceptances (April 11, 2019)
- Success with School Acceptances (March 13, 2019)
- Advice about Admissions Decisions (February 22, 2019)